Just call me ‘Mullet Mom’
This tag was affectionately ( I think) awarded to me by my free-spirited step-daughter Katy. When she made this announcement, I am sure I gave her that ‘what the heck are you talking about’ look. Patiently, she informed me…”Yeah, you know…like a mullet. Business in the front, party in the back.” My friends and colleagues can testify…she nailed it. So began my personal lesson:
Branding isn’t just for products anymore.
Branding can be described as many things, but it’s best defined as a promise… a promise of the value of the product… a promise that the product is better than the competition… a promise that must be delivered to be successful.
Branding helps define who you are, how you are great, and why you should be sought out.
Branding is your reputation. Branding is about building a name for yourself, showcasing what sets you apart from others, and describing the added value you bring to a situation.
What profession has the most trusted and respected brand? You got it, NURSES!! Don’t just take my word for it…check out the 2015 Gallup Poll on ethical and trusted professionals and the listing of the top rated professionals.
Here are three things you can do right away to jump-start Brand You efforts:
- Get clear on your own Personal Brand. You cannot express it until you know what makes you unique. Don’t have a clue? Just ask your friends and co-workers. Enlightening, I assure you!
- Start networking–on and offline. This is the trend of the future, so let’s embrace it!
- Work on your LinkedIn profile now. In the beginning, I flunked at LinkedIn. Then I found my friends at Blue Gurus. One of my favorite blogs is “Are You Embarrassed by Your LinkedIn Profile.“ Check it out….It ‘s a great LinkedIn primer.
What’s your take? What have you done to build your personal and professional brand?
Latest posts by Carol Bush (see all)
- Learning to Fail: Turn Mistakes Into Success in 2017 #CarnivalOfHealth Blog Post - December 18, 2017
- Quick Tips For Freelancers: Getting Paid! - December 6, 2017
- FREE Coaching Package Giveaway! - May 1, 2017
- Using Content to Enhance Your SEO Lead Generation - February 16, 2017