Search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is constantly evolving. Fortunately, we’ve come a long way from the nonsensical, keyword-stuffed content that drew people to websites in the early days of the internet. Today, SEO experts understand the importance of high-quality and relevant content that is optimized for search engines. For healthcare content, this means offering your website visitors value that is relevant to them and the reason they came to your website in the first place. Let’s just dive right in, shall we?
1. Getting Your Website Right
Filling your website with information about your practice or your business is the first step. Be sure you get all the important details in there. If you have a professional developer handle web design, they should handle the nitty-gritty for you. Be aware of some of the most important SEO elements:
- Use H1 and H2 tags for headers and subheads.
- Word count should always be at least 450 words per page or post.
- Make sure your phone number and other contact info is on ALL pages (this is called a call to action).
- Be sure to use the keywords that people will use to find you.
- Do not post any duplicate content.
- Add alt tags to images you use on your website. (Add your keywords!)
- Be sure your website is mobile responsive. (Displays properly on mobile devices.)
2. Great Healthcare Content
Now that your website is in great shape, don’t stop there. Continually updating your site by adding blog posts about topics that would interest your patients or keep your customers coming back will help increase your visibility when someone new searches Google or Bing.
High-quality content is a key component of the best SEO strategy. We realize that not everyone is Walt Whitman, but that’s okay. If you feel that you write reasonably well, and you have the time, you can write your content yourself. However, if time is at a premium or you would just prefer not to have an extra task added to your already overwhelming plate, freelance healthcare writers can meet your needs perfectly.
3. Freelance Healthcare Writers
Great freelance writers can communicate your message well and encourage people to stick around and read more articles and information. (Did we mention that it increases your visibility in searches as well?) Additionally, websites with great content help build trust in your business, as well as lots more social media attention for your business.
High-quality website content and blog posts lead to higher SEO ranking, more sharing on social media and much higher conversions. If you feel you can handle it, do. Otherwise, look to freelance healthcare writers to give your website a good boost.
Latest posts by Carol Bush (see all)
- Learning to Fail: Turn Mistakes Into Success in 2017 #CarnivalOfHealth Blog Post - December 18, 2017
- Quick Tips For Freelancers: Getting Paid! - December 6, 2017
- FREE Coaching Package Giveaway! - May 1, 2017
- Using Content to Enhance Your SEO Lead Generation - February 16, 2017